Developing the SEED Prototype requires taking hardware that exists now and combining that with new detection hardware and software. While the hardware components primarily already exist, the objective is to:
- Scientifically Validate and Demonstrate the SEED concept within a lab environment.
- Create the necessary THz Excitation Library & Secondary Emission Library for materials such as explosives and
- Assemble and integrate all the hardware and software components for a viable, out-of-laboratory SEED Prototype.
The SEED prototype will essentially be composed of FIVE major companents:
- Computer/CPU: in this case it can be a laptop
- A Terahertz frequency transmitter
- A Terahertz High Power Tube
- A Secondary receiver
- A Terahertz Excitation & Secondary Emission Library database catalog